Google has announced its first feature drop of 2023, bringing new capabilities for its Pixel smartphones and Pixel Watch.
Here’s what’s new in today’s March 2023 feature drop:
- Night Sight is now available on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro thanks to new algorithms powered by Google Tensor
- Magic Eraser is now available on all Pixel smartphones to erase distractions in photos
- Fall detection is now on Google Pixel Watch to call for help
- Health Connect is now pre-installed on Pixel phones to store data from health and fitness apps
- Direct My Call+: Pixel can now show you menu options right away before they’re spoken; available on Pixel 4a and newer
- Timers on Nest devices: timers set on a Nest device is now shown on At a Glance on your pixel phone; push notifications to your Pixel phone when a timer goes off
- Ultra-wideband digital car keys: for select 2022+ BMW models on Pixel 6 Pro and 7 Pro, you can unlock/lock you car just by walking to and from; start your car’s engine by leaving phone in pocket; debuts in “coming weeks”
- Fast Pair for select Chromebooks: automatically pair Pixel Buds or Fast Pair Bluetooth headphones to Chromebook with a tap or click
- New emojis on Emoji Kitchen via Gboard
- Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro: now use two eSIMs with Dual SIM Dual Standby
- Hold for Me launches in Japan (joining US, Australia, Canada)
Also, new sound and display settings are coming to Wear OS 3+ to customize audio and visual experiences. Mono-audio is coming, along with colour-correction and greyscale modes.
Other articles in the category: News
Auditor General Exposes Canada’s Digital Divide for Rural and Indigenous Communities
The Auditor General's report on Connectivity in Rural and Remote Areas in Canada has highlighted the severe digital divide between urban and remote communities. The audit scrutinized programs run by Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to determine their effectiveness in improving accessibility, affordability, and quality of...
Apple’s Emergency SOS Satellite Service Expands to Six New European Countries
Apple has expanded its Emergency SOS satellite security service to Austria, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and Portugal, bringing further safety to iPhone 14 users in these regions. This technology enables users to send and receive messages with emergency services even in areas without cellular or Wi-Fi coverage. Additionally, users can also share their location...
Apple Details Safari 16.4 and its 135 New Web Features and Enhancements
With today’s public release of iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4 and more, Apple has debuted a slew of new features for Safari. The WebKit blog has explained in great detail the new features and improvements. Safari 16.4, WebKit's latest release, is here and it brings an impressive 135 new web features and over 280 polish updates,...