Phantom Skinz For iPhone 4 + Giveaway
One of the large aspects missing in this year’s iPhone launch was available accessories. When the iPhone 4 launched in Canada, aside from a very limited number of retailers, the only way to get a case was either online or through Apple’s case app for iPhone 4.
While cases are nice, as most provide style mixed with solid external protection, my concern has always been the iPhone display. I don’t mind so much that the back or sides of the iPhone get scratched because I am not actively looking at those areas.
On the other hand, if the iPhone display were to get scratched, that would really bother me. To prevent this, one of the great products out there is the Phantom Skinz full body protection for iPhone 4.
Like most screen protectors, the Phantom Skinz full body protection is applied to the back, sides, and display of the iPhone 4. Users can opt for a full body package or just the display, but in both cases, at least the screen is protected.
Phantom Skinz provide great protection against display scuffs and scratches. The protector will not prevent shattering or dents, but will ensure that the screen does not get scratched during every day use or when the iPhone 4 is put into a pocket or bag.
Once applied, the screen protector does not interfere with the touchscreen at all and actually provides a better grip of the display during gaming, for example. However, one of the main concerns about screen protectors is being able to apply them.
All I can say is it takes patience, as if you rush it, you will get air bubbles. Luckily, Phantom Skinz provides a step-by-step process and some additional great installation tips:
- Always perform Phantom Skinz applications out of wind and direct sunlight.
- When applying Phantom Skinz to chrome pieces such as the chrome areas around screens, it helps to only have the film wet for alignment. Then allow it to dry for a few minutes before continuing with the installation and squeegeeing out any air or water bubbles.
- When wrapping Phantom Skinz film around edges or rounded areas it is sometimes easier to use your fingers or the palm of your hand than the application card.
- Go slow. Most applications take 30 minutes or more.
- Making an application solution using water and a very small amount of baby wash or baby shampoo will allow for easier alignment of the film with the edges and cut-outs and will give the more time for installation.
Phantom Skinz are available in the following packages from the Phantomskinz.com Online Store:
- Clear Screen Only: $9.95
- Clear Back Only: $15.95
- Clear Full Body Kit: $24.95
- Matte Back Only: $15.95
- Matte Full Body: $24.95
Today, I have FOUR Phantom Skinz to give away to iPhoneinCanada.ca readers! We have the following packages available and each package includes two of each type of protector:
- Clear Screen Only x 2
- Clear Full Body Kit x 1
- Matte Full Body x 1
To win, comment on the following:
1.) Which protection package would you like?
2.) Why you should get it?
Winners chosen at random; Contest ends August 23, 2010 at 1:30AM PST.
1.) Make sure to include your email in the email entry field or I cannot contact you!
2.) One Contest Entry Per Person. Do not attempt to post multiple contest entries under different emails and/or user names during the same contest.