Apple has released its new Cards app for iOS. This app lets you create any card and send it via email or letter post. Prices are $4.99 CDN for shipments within Canada and Internationally. That includes printing the card, envelope, and postage.
Click here to download Cards.
Here’s the app description:
Custom letterpress cards
• Cards combine a centuries-old letterpress technique with your digital text and photos
• Each card is crafted from 100 percent cotton paper and imprinted with an elegant debossed design
• Choose from 21 designs for six occasions: Thank You, Holiday, New Baby, Birthday, Love, and Travel
• Customize the placeholder text for any occasion, such as an anniversary or graduation
• Add a photo to your card or send one with just text
• If you select one of the Travel designs, your card automatically displays the name of your current location.
• Choose a photo with GPS data, and the card shows the name of the place where the photo was taken
Prepaid postage included
• Send a card anywhere in the world for CA$4.99 including postage
• Select an address from your Contacts and easily personalize it — from Mr. Johnny Appleseed to The Appleseed Family, for example
• To place your order, simply enter your Apple ID password?
• Cards mailed to U.S. addresses make use of the United States Postal Service Intelligent Mail® barcode
• On the day your card is to be delivered, you’ll receive a notification on your iPhone or iPod touch
• All your cards are automatically saved and can be viewed in a history list.
• You can resend any card to another recipient — perfect for when you have a lot of friends to thank or you want to spread the word about the newest member of your family.
Currently, only cards mailed to U.S. addresses will include Push Notifications for delivery. Let us know if you are going to give this a try!