CBSA CanBorder iOS App Offers eDeclaration, Winnipeg (YWG) Now Supported
If you haven’t used the CanBorder eDeclaration iOS app by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), it allows travellers returning to Canada to prepare a digital declaration instead of the old-fashioned paper method.
The CanBorder iOS app currently supports nine airports across Canada, with the latest addition being Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (YWG).
CanBorder allows travellers to create and store profiles, so you can quickly and easily prepare your declaration in advance, which generates into a QR code, to be scanned at Primary Inspection Kiosks upon your arrival back in Canada. All you have to do is follow the instructions within the app, which can create an eDeclaration for up to five travellers with the same place of residence.
The app can be used by most travellers arriving in Canada by air, including returning residents and foreign visitors. The app cannot be used by unaccompanied minors and travellers with non-machine readable passports.
NEXUS members should continue to use their dedicated kiosks for expedited travel, while diplomats are told to use their special services counters for in-person processing.
CanBorder is supported at the following Canadian airports below:
– Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (YWG)
– Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
– Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
– Montreal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
– Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
– Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
– Terminal 3 – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
– Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
– Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
According to the CBSA, the CanBorder app “reduces your Primary Inspection Kiosk processing time by up to 50% upon arrival.”
Click here to download the CanBorder eDeclaration iOS app in the App Store. It’s also available for Android and BlackBerry (!).