Readers of The Globe and Mail for iOS may have noticed a new update today that brings a completely revamped interface. The publication calls it a ‘distraction-free reading experience’ that allows you to swipe left or right to navigate between stories and sections, swipe up to see related content.
The update brings a more magazine-like reading experience with larger pictures and also has a new financial markets ticker box along the bottom (accessed by tapping the icon in the lower left), while also better sharing of stories to social media, bookmarks now synced to registered accounts and also screen support for iPhone 6 models:
What’s New in Version 4.0.2
Completely redesigned user interface:
– Distraction-free reading experience
– Swipe left and right to quickly move between sections and articles
– Swipe up on articles to discover related content
– Dynamic, curated section pages
– Richer interactive storytelling
Many new features, including:
– Integrated social tools to allow for easier sharing across major social networks
– A new financial markets ticker box
– Bookmarking an article now syncs with your Globe and Mail account
– Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6+ screens
Here’s an image of the new update:
Here’s what it looked like before (after toggling expanded headlines):
Personally, I like the old interface better as it’s easier and faster to view headlines. Let us know what you think of this new update.
Click here to download The Globe and Mail in the App Store.