Instagram today has announced the service has now added video sharing to its platform. Here are the details on how it works:
- Users can film 15 second video clips by holding down a button (like Vine)
- Users can delete clips within recordings
- Any segment of clip can be used for the cover frame
- 13 new video-only filters
Videos seamless integrate into timelines and do not loop. You can just lift up your finger and videos will play within timelines. Below is an image of how it’ll all look:
Instagram also announced a feature called ‘Cinema’ to stabilize videos for the iPhone. Looking at the demo at the announcement, it is very impressive.
Here are some of the numbers shared about Instagram at today’s event:
- 130 million active members per month
- 16 billion photos shared
- 1 billion likes daily
The update for Instagram should be coming shortly for both iOS and Android on launch. Looks like an awesome update that keeps the same simplicity and flow of Instagram. Stay tuned!
Click here to download Instagram 4.0 and tell us what you think of this new update!
…more to follow