Shaw ‘FreeRange TV’ App Launches: Live TV on iPhone, iPad
On top of Shaw’s big news today of its planned $1.6 billion acquisition of wireless startup WIND Mobile, the company also quietly launched a new iOS app: Shaw FreeRange TV.
FreeRange TV for iPhone and iPad allows existing Shaw TV subscribers to watch live TV and on-demand movies and shows on the go. Kids shows can even be downloaded for offline viewing (parents!) without an Internet connection.
Below are features of the app:
– Watch many of your favourite channels anywhere in Canada including HGTV, Food, Treehouse & Sportsnet.
– Download select kids shows for on the go viewing
– Stream thousands of on-demand programs directly to your device
– Find what you’re looking for fast with intelligent episode recommendations
– Search by network, TV series, program, movie or sports team
– Trusted movie ratings from Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster
– Easily pick up where you left off with an entire year of viewing history tracked
– Keep your kids safe with advanced parental controls
Shaw FreeRange TV is only available for Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct residential TV subscribers, with up to two devices per account to actively stream video at one time. Up to five devices per account can be registered for offline download viewing, while a limit of 10 unique titles checked out per registered device for up to 30 days.
The app works anywhere in Canada, as long as you have a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Existing blackout and regional restrictions will apply, notes Shaw.
Click here to download Shaw FreeRange TV for iOS in the App Store. Let us know how you like it. So far, early iTunes reviews have been positive.