Shaw Media to Launch Global Go iOS App Tomorrow, Stream Live TV 24/7 [u]
Shaw has announced they will launch their Global Go iOS app tomorrow to allow existing TV subscribers the chance to watch live TV, streamed 24/7. Existing subscribers will also have access to full in-season libraries for missed shows, which the company is calling “a first for any Canadian conventional broadcaster.” Some more details below:
With Global Go, TV subscribers will now have access to a long list of new features, including:
- Live TV – anytime/anywhere via web, iOS or Android platforms
- The opportunity to catch-up on entire seasons for up to 60 days after the finale versus the 2-3 episodes which are currently available for catch-up
- Full screen, high quality video playback
- Two week look-ahead schedule
- A beautiful, easy-to use interface including intuitive search and social integration features for sharing via Twitter and Facebook
Global Go launches September 12th on Shaw, Shaw Direct, Cogeco, Telus and Eastlink plus subscribers on the Canadian Cable Systems Alliance. Other TV service providers are set to follow.
Customers will be able to view Global Go on the web, the iOS and Android apps, plus on their home set-top box video on demand (VOD) portals. Expect the app to hit the App Store late tonight or early tomorrow morning.