Tweetbot 4 Released for iPhone, iPad with 50% Off Launch Sale
Tapbots has released Tweetbot 4, a paid update to their popular Tweetbot 3. For those looking for an alternative to Twitter’s iOS app, this appears to be the best third party option available.
What’s New in Version 4:
– iPad Support (Universal)
– Landscape Support on iPhone and iPad
– New Statistics and Activity View.
– New Column View in Landscape on iPad and the iPhone 6+
– Split View Multi-tasking on iPad
– More Granular Mute Filter Settings
– Quick Reply from Notifications
– Safari View Controller with Support for Content Blockers
– Improved User Profiles
– Improved Status Detail
– Refreshed User Interface
– Many Optimizations Under the Hood
Also new is a Statistics and Activity View, which shows stats on the popularity of your tweets and also notes your new followers each day.
We just purchased this upgrade to share some quick screenshots with you. The timeline view looks identical with some slight tweaks (Tweetbot 3 on left; Tweetbot 4 on right):
Tweetbot 3 is shown below on the left when you tap a specific tweet; Tweetbot 4 is shown on the right for a specific tweet:
The app comes with a new landscape column view on iPad and iPhone 6 Plus, which allows a dedicated column for a list, search result, mentions, statistics, or activity stream.
Here’s what split view looks on the iPhone 6s Plus (it’s pretty neat for those that like to use their iPhone 6+ models in landscape):
Tweetoot 4 currently has a 50% off launch price of $5.79 CAD “for a limited time.” If you’re a Twitter junkie, this is one to consider.