Rogers and Fido have announced a new Wireless Home Phone service where you plug your existing phone line into their Wireless Home Phone unit (which costs $29.99 to purchase), then get the following features:
- Get unlimited Canada-wide calling.
- Use your device wherever there’s a cellular signal and electrical outlet.
- No installation necessary.
- Keep your existing phone number.
- Enhanced Voice Mail & Call Display (call waiting, conference calling, call forwarding is a $1.99 add-on)
- $9.99 per month for existing Rogers customers; $24.99 for non-Rogers customers.
Fido says the cost will be $10/month for this service for existing customers, but $25 per month for non-Fido users. You will be able to take the home phone device with you anywhere on the Rogers/Fido network.
If you’re able to carry portable AC power with you, this could be a cheap $9.99 per month ‘cellphone’ hooked up to a regular telephone. It won’t fit in your jeans pocket though! Some downsides of a network-based home service is in the event of a network outage or power outage, you won’t have a home phone line.
Let us know if you’d be interested in this service from Rogers.