If you’re looking to subscribe to Bell Media’s Crave, the company is offering a Black Friday sale where $100 gift cards are available for 25% off at $75, saving you $25. This would make an annual Crave Movies + HBO subscription, which retails for $199, cost $150 (or $12.50 per month; fixed pricing error).
Below are instructions on how to redeem a Crave gift card, according to Bell:
If you are a new Crave TV customer:
- Go to crave.ca/subscribe and select ‘Subscribe Now’.
- Start the purchase process by creating an account.
- When you reach the payment page, select ‘Add new Gift Card’.
- Enter the gift card code and PIN found on the back of your gift card or in the confirmation email you received with your electronic Crave gift card, as applicable.
If you are an existing Crave customer:
- Go to crave.ca and sign in to your account.
- Click on ‘Manage Account’ and then ‘Subscriptions’.
- Click ‘Edit Subscription’ then ‘Add a Gift Card’ under the ‘Payment Info’ section.
- Enter your gift card code and PIN found on the back of your gift card or in the confirmation email you received with your electronic Crave gift card and then click ‘Add’.
If you want to save 20% off Crave permanently, for those signing up via in-app purchase on an Apple device, it will take from your Apple ID balance. Right now, Costco has 20% off iTunes cards, which you then use to fund your Apple account. This method applies for any Apple subscription and digital purchase from the company.
The Crave iOS app gained 1080p video quality back in April for iPhone and iPad users. It’s possible to stream in 1080p with a 2nd-gen Google Chromecast or newer connected to your TV’s HDMI port. The company says its app can handle 1080p max. Other services like Netflix, Apple TV+ and Disney+ offer 4K streaming.
Last fall, Crave said a 4K streaming option would be coming “in the near future”, but so far nothing has materialized, yet.
Hi Benjamin! Crave strives to offer users the best possible viewing experience, however we do not have 4k for video quality as of the moment, and we have not received any updates regarding this. But, we will pass your suggestion along to our team! ^CC
— Crave Help (@CraveHelp) September 23, 2019
Crave says this offer expires on December 4, 2019.