Keeping up with their annual tradition of offering tech predictions for the upcoming year, Loup Ventures analysts Gene Munster and David Stokman have just shared their list of 2021 tech predictions for the likes of Apple, Tesla, and more.
According to the analysts, Apple will lead FAANG stocks in 2021 based on the following main factors:
- With more people working and learning from home, providing a continued tailwind for the iPad and Mac businesses, these two segments can grow at 10% plus in 2021 and 2022.
- 5G enthusiasm will grow in the back half of the year, starting a two to three-year iPhone upgrade cycle.
- The analysts expect Street’s FY21 revenue growth estimates to inch higher throughout FY21, with FY22 revenue growth to be closer to 10%.
- Loop is also expecting growth in new business segments for Apple, including the Apple Car.
Apple will also launch AirTags and new services in 2021.
Tesla is expected to launch a chaperoned robotaxi fleet, with availability dependent on regulatory approval. By the end of 2021, the analysts believe full self-driving (FSD) will be ready, and the earliest versions of Tesla’s robotaxi service will require a driver to accommodate the regulatory environment.
Peloton will launch new exercise hardware. The analysts believe that Peloton’s next product is most likely a strength machine. By the end of 2021, they also expect the company to have a bike available for less than $1,500.
4. 5G coverage and performance will quicken.
5. The work-from-anywhere trend will continue
6. Video game streaming viewership will grow.
The analysts also predict that some big tech companies will be proactive around regulatory challenges, with Google and Amazon taking Apple’s lead in proactively adjusting business practices to soften the threat of regulation.