2022 Apple Shareholders Meeting Date: March 4 and Virtual Only, Due to COVID-19
Apple announced on Thursday its 2022 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will take place on March 4, 2022, as detailed in its Form DEF 14A filed with the SEC.
“We are pleased to welcome shareholders to the 2022 Annual Meeting. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Annual Meeting will be held in a virtual format to provide a safe experience for our shareholders and employees,” explained Apple.
“To attend, vote, and submit questions during the Annual Meeting visit www.virtualshareholdermeeting.com/AAPL2022 and enter the control number included in your Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials, voting instruction form, or proxy card. Online access to the webcast will open approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the Annual Meeting. Attendance at the Annual Meeting is subject to capacity limits set by the virtual meeting platform provider. To submit questions in advance of the Annual Meeting, visit proxyvote.com before 8:59 P.M. Pacific Time on March 3, 2022 and enter the control number,” says the iPhone maker.
As for the items of business and board voting recommendation, as detailed by Katherine Adams, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for Apple:
You can check out the proposals below–including six shareholder proposals Apple wants shareholders to vote against, related to “Reincorporate with Deeper Purpose”; Transparency Reports; Report on Forced Labor; Pay Equity; Civil Rights Audit and Report on Concealment Clauses:
- Proposal No. 1 – Election of Directors
- Proposal No. 2 – Ratification of Appointment of Independent Registered Public Accounting Firm
- Proposal No. 3 – Advisory Vote to Approve Executive Compensation
- Proposal No. 4 – Approval of the Apple Inc. 2022 Employee Stock Plan
- Proposal No. 5 – Shareholder Proposal
- Proposal No. 6 – Shareholder Proposal
- Proposal No. 7 – Shareholder Proposal
- Proposal No. 8 – Shareholder Proposal
- Proposal No. 9 – Shareholder Proposal
- Proposal No. 10 – Shareholder Proposal