Apple Announces 2014 World AIDS Day (RED) Campaign, Partners with 25 Apps [LIST]
“Apple is a proud supporter of (RED) because we believe the gift of life is the most important gift anyone can give,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “For eight years, our customers have been helping fight AIDS in Africa by funding life-saving treatments which are having a profoundly positive impact. This year we are launching our biggest fundraising push yet with the participation of Apple’s retail and online stores, and some of the brightest minds in the App Store are lending their talents to the effort as well.”
Starting November 24 to December 1, Apple will donate all proceeds from the following apps towards the Global Fund to fight AIDS. These apps have been updated with special (RED) content. You can help contribute by downloading them and making in-app purchases and such below:
- Angry Birds players can perfect their bird-flinging with (RED)’s Mighty Feathers and challenge themselves to a bonus golden egg level.
- Bubble Witch 2 Saga offers new (PRODUCT)RED levels across all 17 episodes of the game. Gold bar currency purchases will be donated to (RED).
- CSR Racing delivers new in-game thrills with the highly anticipated Mercedes Benz-AMG GT.
- Clash of Clans warriors can prepare for battle with special edition (PRODUCT)RED gems and display a (RED) badge of honor on the village’s town hall.
- Clear’s users can perfect their organizational skills with a new (PRODUCT)RED theme which appears automatically with all new downloads.
- Cut the Rope 2 unveils a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED items including a new red hat, red touch print, red balloons and a red ginger cookie.
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush reveals a new Lifeguard minion that helps players boost their banana collection skills by 200 percent.
- DJay 2’s (DJay 2 iPad) spin tables turn (RED) and offer DJs a special sound pack.
- FarmVille 2: Country Escape players can “Roll out the RED Carpet” and purchase limited-time items such as the Cozy Cow, St. Bernard and more.
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team players can compete in a (RED) Tournament and Team of the Week event. All winners will be awarded football superstar and (RED) Ambassador Rafa Marquez.
- Frozen Free Fall unveils a magical new (RED) Challenge in the Kingdom of Arendelle, and offers an exclusive combined offer of 1 power-up, 1 snowball and 3 lives.
- GarageBand® users can now purchase an exclusive collection of 300 guitar, bass, synth and drum loops to create even more amazing music.
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’s aspiring celebrity players can treat themselves to (PRODUCT)RED items including (BEATS)RED Solo2 headphones. Kris Jenner, the first family member to join Kim’s in-app world, will make her in-game debut on December 1.
- Heads Up! competition heats up with an exclusive new deck featuring (RED) words.
- The Human Body debuts the Immune System feature, educating users on how the body fights pathogens. The accompanying handbook features a new section on HIV/AIDS.
- Kitchen Stories Cookbook will offer a special-edition holiday recipe pack, featuring dishes from renowned chefs Mario Batali, Martha Stewart, Luke Holden and Michael Lomonaco.
- Monument Valley offers a whole new chapter of Ida’s Journey, marking the final new feature of the game.
- Over customers have access to a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED fonts and inspiring artwork, specially created by six artists. Users can share photos with the (RED) brackets overlay to help spread awareness.
- Paper by FiftyThree enthusiasts can enjoy a new (PRODUCT)RED Essentials Pack including Sketch, Outline, Write, Color and Mixer tools.
- Puzzle & Dragons players have exclusive access to the new (PRODUCT)RED magic stone.
- Rayman Fiesta Run introduces a new (RED) edition to their wacky Fiesta world, and players can purchase a pack of three new costumes for Rayman, Globox and Teensy characters.
- Star Walk 2 users can learn more about Mars with the comprehensive new RED Planet feature.
- Sims FreePlay features a special community challenge that unlocks various rewards, and players can purchase limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED items such as a swimming pool, party plane and piñata.
- Threes! turns (RED) with a limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED theme
- Toca Boca paints Toca Town (RED)! Kids can discover new (RED) diamonds, sample (RED) ice cream in the app and look for other surprises throughout the game.
On top of this, on Black Friday (Nov. 28), customers in the U.S. will receive a special edition (RED) iTunes gift card when they purchase select products; with each card distributed, partial proceeds will be donated.
As for World Aids Day on December 1, Apple will donate a portion of every retail and online sale to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
U2’s Bono, co-founder of (RED), said in a statement “Apple isn’t just in the fight to end AIDS. They are setting a new bar for business, giving $75 million and counting to the Global Fund as part of their partnership with (RED).”
Looks like a great campaign. Some of your favourite apps are most likely participating in this initiative towards fighting AIDS.