The folks over at CURVED Labs have shared an interesting ‘iBeats’ headphones concept, amidst rumours of Apple’s $3.2 billion acquisition plans for Beats Electronics, the popular headphones and online music company founded by music producer Jimmy Iovine and the hip-hop star Dr Dre. The concept imagines how a pair of Beats headphones designed by Apple in California may look like once Apple takes over.
As you can see, the Apple logo replaces the prominent Beats logo on the headphones. On one side, there is a control panel to play/pause or skip music and answer phone calls when paired with an iPhone. Aluminum chassis also provides a premium look and feel, an iconic feature of all Apple designed products. The concept also speculates that Apple will significantly improve the sound quality of Beats headphones.
[Machine Translation]: With iBeats following features could be provided:
- An iBeats headphones from Apple would visually be very close to the best-selling Beats by Dre Solo.
- iBeats is optically matched to the existing product line of Apple gadgets and appear like the iPhone 5s in the same look-and-feel – in gold, silver and Space Grey
- The headphones can also be charged via iPhone and iPad by Lightning cable, or wirelessly by induction
- The headphones come with high-quality stereo microphones.
- The logo lights up during operation, such as the MacBook
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection
- As with the iPhone 5s a touch ID sensor is present to protect the luxury headphones from theft
Check out some more images below and tell us how you like this concept.