The service looks to compete with the likes of Peloton but brings integrated metrics from Apple Watch directly onto your device screens, with various workouts available for people of all abilities.
There are 10 different workout types within Apple Fitness+:
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Treadmill (for running and walking)
- Mindful Cooldown
According to the company, “Apple Fitness+ features a team of celebrated, charismatic, and passionate trainers who are specialists in their fields, working together to create outstanding fitness content for everyone.” You can see a picture of the trainers below:
From left to right: Gregg Cook (Cycling, Strength, Core, Mindful Cooldown); Ben Allen (Dance); Anja Garcia (Rowing); Molly Fox (Yoga, Strength); Kim Ngo (HIIT); Tyrell Désean (Cycling); Jessica Skye (Yoga, Mindful Cooldown); Jamie-Ray Hartshorne (HIIT, Treadmill); Emily Fayette (Cycling, Treadmill); Betina Gozo (Strength, Core); Sam Sanchez (Strength, Core, Treadmill); Kym Perfetto (Cycling); Dustin Brown (Yoga, Mindful Cooldown); Jhon Gonzalez (Dance); Sherica Holmon (Cycling); Bakari Williams (Cycling, HIIT, Core); Kyle Ardill (Strength, Core); Scott Carvin (Treadmill); Josh Crosby (Rowing); LaShawn Jones (Dance); and Amir Ekbatani (Strength, Core).
Apple Fitness+ costs $12.99 CAD per month or $99.99 CAD per year and can be shared with up to six family members.
After updating to iOS 14.3, iPadOS 14.3 and watchOS 7, you’ll find the new Fitness app on your devices and on Apple TV.
For new Apple Watch Series 3 or later purchases, you get 3 months of Fitness+ for free. Existing Apple Watch users get one month for free.
The Apple One Premier plan offers Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and 2TB of iCloud storage for $33.95 per month, and can be shared with up to six family members.
What’s Needed for Fitness+
- Fitness+ requires Apple Watch Series 3 or later paired with iPhone 6s or later, or iPhone SE with watchOS 7.2 and iOS 14.3.
- For usage with iPad, Fitness+ requires iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad mini 4 or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Air (3rd generation or later), running iOS 14.3.
- Fitness+ is supported on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, with tvOS 14.3.
Where to Find Fitness+
- For Apple Watch users, Fitness+ is a new tab in the Fitness app on iPhone.
- The Fitness app for iPad is available to download from the App Store.
- The Fitness app on Apple TV automatically appears once users upgrade to tvOS 14.3.
- Follow the Fitness+ trainer team at instagram.com/applefitnessplus