Apple reported their 2012 Q1 earnings today, a record $46 billion dollar quarter. During the earnings call, Apple reported they now have $97.6 billion dollars in cash. The last quarter earned Apple $17.5 billion in cash during their record quarter. Apple clearly emphasized they are ‘actively discussing’ the uses of their cash balance, with nothing to announce today.
Apple shares are pushing up 8% in after hours trading.
Here are some key numbers in case you missed them:
- 140 million downloads from the App Store since Christmas Day
- 90 countries have the iPhone 4S, fastest iPhone launch ever
- 600,000 copies of iBooks Author downloaded so far
- 3 million copies of iTunes U downloaded
- 315 total million total iOS sales; 62 million in last quarter
- 85 million iCloud customers as of today
- 550,000 total apps; 175,000 iPad apps
- $4B paid out cumulatively to developers; $700 million in last quarter alone
- 110 million visitors to Apple Store; 22,000 visitors per store per week
- $97.6 billion in cash; nothing to announce with cash
- Finally revealed: 1.4 million Apple TV2 units sold; 2011 had a total of 2.8 million sold