Facebook Renames its News Feed to Just ‘Feed’
Facebook announced on Tuesday it has renamed its News Feed to just ‘Feed’.
“Starting today, our News Feed will now be known as “Feed.” Happy scrolling!”, said the social network.
The change looks to be part of some new values and cultural operating system at Meta, announced by CEO Mark Zuckerberg earlier today to employees:
- Move Fast helps us to build and learn faster than anyone else.
- Focus on Long-Term Impact emphasizes long-term thinking and encourages us to extend the timeline for the impact we have, rather than optimizing for near-term wins.
- Build Awesome Things pushes us to ship things that are not just good, but also awe-inspiring.
- Live in the Future guides us to build the future of distributed work that we want, where opportunity isn’t limited by geography.
- Be Direct and Respect Your Colleagues is about creating a culture where we are straightforward and willing to have hard conversations with each other.
- Meta, Metamates, Me is about being good stewards of our company and mission.
“At the end of the day, values aren’t what you write on a website but what we hold each other accountable for every day. I encourage you to reflect on these values and what they mean to you as we start working on this next chapter for our company,” concluded Zuckerberg.
See you in the metaverse, Mr. Zuckerberg.