Health Canada announced on Monday a new version of the ArriveCAN app for iOS and Android is now available for download.
“An updated version of #ArriveCAN is now available for travellers who are eligible to come to Canada. If you are using the mobile app, make sure you have the latest version installed,” said the federal government.
The ArriveCAN app allows travellers to Canada to “digitally provide contact and quarantine information upon and after entry into Canada,” as required by law and new mandatory travel requirements.
“All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air or land, must use ArriveCAN. You’ll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada,” explains Health Canada.
Once you get your ArriveCAN receipt, you can show it to the Canadian border services officer when you enter Canada.
As of 12:01AM ET, July 5, the federal government made exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers who meet specific conditions.
If travellers meet the following conditions they may be exempt from quarantine and testing requirements:
- are eligible to enter Canada
- are asymptomatic
- meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers
- meet all other entry requirements, including entering your information in ArriveCAN before arrival
- Those who meet the requirements may be exempt from:
If you meet these requirements you may be exempt from:
- hotel stopover (for air travellers)
- day-8 testing requirement
So far, the Canadian government only accepts the following vaccines to be considered fully vaccinated:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine – single dose
Download links for ArriveCAN: