How to Fix the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch [Guide]
Apple has today published a new support article titled “Get help with the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch”, explaining that if the Crown isn’t turning smoothly or your Apple Watch isn’t responding to a button press, what steps you should do to fix it.
How to Fix the Digital Crown on you Apple Watch:
If the Digital Crown gets stuck or won’t move, it might be because of dirt or debris. If you find substances like dust or lotion around the Digital Crown, follow these steps to clean, and repeat as needed:
- Turn off your Apple Watch and remove it from the charger.
- If you have a leather band, remove it from your Apple Watch.
- Hold the Digital Crown under lightly running, warm, fresh water from a faucet for 10 to 15 seconds. Soaps and other cleaning products shouldn’t be used.
- Continuously turn and press the Digital Crown as water runs over the small gap between the crown and the housing.
- Dry your Apple Watch with a non-abrasive, lint-free cleaning cloth.
If you can press and rotate the crown, but your Apple Watch still doesn’t respond, here’s what you should do:
- Turn off your Apple Watch and turn it back on.
- If you can’t turn off the device, or if your Apple Watch isn’t responding, then you can force restart the devices as a last resort: Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple Logo.
Apple notes that if the issue still isn’t resolved, you should get more help.