With the release of iOS 12.3 Beta 1, Apple has rolled out a completely redesigned TV App with a stronger focus on curation and deeper integration of third-party services, just as showcased by Apple on stage during its recent media event.
The folks over at 9to5Mac have compiled a list of all the changes and the new features in iOS 12.3 Beta 1 along with a brief hands-on video, detailing what’s new in the redesigned TV app.
Here’s everything that’s new in iOS 12.3 Beta 1:
- New TV app icon on Home screen and Settings
- Sports and Store tabs have been removed
- New Movies, TV Shows, Sports, and Kids buttons at the top of Watch Now page
- Purchase directly within the app using ‘How to Watch’
- New account button in upper right-hand corner
- New ‘For You’ section on Watch Now page
- New ‘New and Noteworthy’ section on Watch Now page
- ‘Trending’ section now combines movies and TV shows
- New ‘Featured on’ services
- Apple TV Channels subscriptions w/trials
- New tiles for movies and TV shows
- Slightly redesigned search page
- New movie pages with prominent artwork
- Share and Up Next buttons now in upper right-hand corner
- New Apple TV Remote app
- More transactions in Apple Wallet
Check out the video walkthrough of the revamped TV app in the latest iOS beta.