YouTube channel Brandon Butch has shared a first look at iOS 14 beta 2, which was released earlier this morning by Apple for developers.
Butch notes iOS 14 beta 2 has fixed a storage bug found in the first beta, which ate up storage. Beta 2 is now properly showing there is 50GB free out of his 64GB device.
As for new features, here are some of the changes he noted:
- Calendar icon: now has an abbreviated day of the week
- Clock icon: new bolder hands
- Widgets: new Files and Fitness widget; widget colours when clicking ‘add’ are now based on colour of widget
- Photos: new larger widget
- Weather widget: fixed with larger font
- Notes widget: new colour and design change
- Thirdparty widgets: now look like iOS 14 style widgets
- Siri Suggestions widget: now shows notifications for apps inside
- App Library: removing an app is now called ‘delete app’
- Music app: new option to disable motion for animated cover art
- Safari: Tracking Report renamed to Privacy Report
- Health and other default apps: no longer able to delete; could be a bug
- Health app: new hand washing tips and article
- Picture in picture: new medium sized video (small, medium, large)
- Photos app on iPad: new Utilities section
As for performance, Geekbench scores were relatively the same but for multicore tests, new higher scores resulted, suggesting an increase in performance in beta 2.
As we dive more into iOS 14 beta 2, more features and tweaks should be shared soon. Apple is expected to release a Public Beta of iOS 14 sometime in July.
Also, another video of what’s new in iOS 14 beta 2 can be seen above from Zollotech.
Update: Added EverythingApplePro’s video on iOS 14 beta 2 above.