One of my favorite iPhone apps is Google Maps. It comes in extremely handy at times when I’m trying to find the location of a business or get directions. However, sometimes I have noticed certain business aren’t listed and I end up launching Safari instead. Getting directions to places? Adding to bookmarks? Calling from the search? Easy.
Recently, the YellowPages.ca iPhone app was updated to include some new features:
– Full access to merchant content, including video and photo montages
– Business, Person and Reverse phone number look-up
– Save to your favourites (My Favs) and/or address book
– Share listing results with others via email/sms
– Local proximity-based search using GPS & Maps
– Direct connect to Voice Search (no charge usage)
What I liked was the built in reverse phone number look up and white listings directory (although I haven’t used the white pages in over a decade). That always comes in handy. Also, by utilizing location services I have better odds of finding businesses nearby, something Google Maps is not the best at doing. Embedded features to call, visit location in Google Maps, add to contacts, and email make it nice and seamless for us iPhone users.
Simply visit here on your iPhone to install the YellowPages.ca app. Anyone using this app at the moment? Thoughts?