If you’re a fan of Viber, the free VoIP app, you’ll be pleased to know version 2.0 is being released in a few days. The Viber team contacted us to inform the following new features in Viber 2.0:
– OUR NEW TEXT MESSAGING SERVICE!
– A very large number of bug fixes, including the most common ones so far: connectivity problems, issues with users who aren’t identified as Viber users, and many more. Using Viber will noticeably be much smoother and bug-free.
– An improved calling mechanism that allows you to know if the other side’s Viber is actually ringing
– A “Don’t show this message again” option when trying to make a regular GSM call through Viber
– A new, easy option to deactivate your Viber account from inside the application itself
– Relocation of “Favorites” tab
I’ve been using Viber to make long distance calls for free, and the voice quality so far has been excellent over WiFi and decent over 3G, depending on network strength. It’s been downloaded over 10 million times, so they are doing something right. I’m looking forward to 2.0! Read our review here.