Apple has lifted the embargo on press reviews for the newest Apple Watch Series 5, which comes with an always-on display and launches this Friday, September 20.
Here’s a roundup of these reviews units obtained from Apple to share early hands-on impressions:
- Dieter Bohn / The Verge: APPLE WATCH SERIES 5 REVIEW: THE BEST SMARTWATCH
- John Gruber / Daring Fireball: Apple Watch Series 5
- Brian Heater / TechCrunch: Apple Watch Series 5 review
- Michael Simon / Macworld: Apple Watch Series 5 reviews praise the always-on display, but battery life is a ‘compromise’
- Timothy Taylor / Digital Trends: Amazon slashes a huge $96 off this Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 smartwatch
- Scott Stein / CNET: Apple Watch Series 5: Always-on display makes it feel like a real watch
- Nicole Nguyen / BuzzFeed News: This Is The Year To Get An Apple Watch
- Edward C. Baig / USA Today: Apple Watch Series 5 review: Always on screen lets you tell time without raising your wrist
- Lauren Goode / Wired: REVIEW: APPLE WATCH SERIES 5
- Todd Haselton / CNBC: The new Apple Watch’s changes seem minor, but the always-on display is now a must-have
- Stuart Miles / Pocket-lint: Apple Watch Series 5 review: Still the best smartwatch in town
- Patrick O’Rourke / MobileSyrup: Apple Watch Series 5 Review: Watch of the future
- Stephen Pulvirent / HODINKEE: A Week On The Wrist The Apple Watch Series 5 Edition In Titanium
With the launch of Apple Watch Series 5, Apple lowered the price of Series 3 models by up to 30% off, while also slashing the prices of bands by 40% off.
Apple Watch Series 5 starts at $529 in Canada, while new titanium and ceramic models start at $1,029 CAD. If you are waiting for a discount, wait a year for these to hit Apple Canada’s refurbished store to save a few bucks.
We’ll keep this list updated as more reviews are available. Refresh for updates.