Google has released an update for Chrome for iOS to include better operation with existing Google Apps (options to open links in YouTube, Google+, Maps, Drive) plus improved Voice Search enhancements. Also new is fullscreen on the iPad, plus data cost savings for those Full change log below:
What’s New in Version 28.0.1500.12
- Interoperability with other Google Apps: Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
- Enhancements to voice search: Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean; Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
- Fullscreen on iPad
- Data cost savings: Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
- Access to browser history
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
The new bandwidth management feature isn’t live in Canada yet in the settings, so stay tuned as that is set to roll out over time according to Google.
Click here to download Chrome for iOS–it’s free. The update is still propagating in the App Store.