The Globe and Mail iOS app for news has been updated to support videos on the iPhone and iPad, plus push notification alerts for breaking stories. Also, the app now features higher quality images than before and also support for their interactive multimedia features.
For iPhone 5 owners, galleries now work in landscape orientation, plus there are some improvements and bug fixes. If you’ve been having issues with this app this update should address them.
What’s New in Version 2.6
– Videos on iPhone and iPad
– News alerts for breaking stories
– Higher quality images throughout the app
– Support for interactive multimedia features
– Galleries now available in landscape on iPhone 5
– Performance improvements for newer devices
– Small styling fixes
– Fix crashes related to offline reading
– Other minor bug fixes
Once you launch the updated app, you’ll be asked to accept Push Notifications. Within settings in the app, you can toggle the alerts on or off. It states you will receive no more than a few alerts during a normal week.
Click here to download The Globe and Mail: News for iOS–it’s free.