Back in late February 2010, Rogers released a new $25 student plan that targets individuals who do much more text messaging than calling. At that time, the plan was set to expire on March 31, 2010. The Student Plan has now been extended until May 3, 2010.
The new plan primarily featured unlimited text messaging (not video or photo) and evenings starting at 6PM for free (usually $7).
New $25 Student Plan:
- Daytime: 50 minutes
- Evenings & Weekends: Unlimited at 6PM
- Features included: Unlimited Text Messages, Call Waiting, Group Calling, Call Forwarding, Who Called, Call Manager
The new student plan is available on a monthly/1/2/3-year agreement and to high-school/post-secondary individuals only.
The restrictions are as follows:
- High-School and Post-Secondary individuals only
- Students must activate in-store
- Student must have valid ID card from High School or Post-Secondary institution
iPhone owners/existing customers (who are students) are eligible for the plan. If you want data, you must purchase a $25 or higher data plan on a monthly/1/2/3-year agreement. However, to get an iPhone at promotional pricing, a 3-year Voice and Data agreement is required.