Sony has just announced in an official blog post that its beta program for PlayStation 4’s next major system software update, i.e. version 3.50 codenamed MUSASHI, will go live tomorrow and that selected users who signed up for the beta will soon be receiving instructions on their registered emails on how to download the PlayStation 4 v3.50 beta update.
The company has also detailed some key features of the upcoming PlayStation 4 software, noting that its new social features will make it easier to play together with friends on PS4, and also add the ability to appear offline when they’d rather play solo. Furthermore, the update will bring PS4 Remote Play to Mac and Windows computers, though the feature won’t be available to test in the beta.
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
More details about new features in MUSASHI update will be released soon.