It’s finally here! Untethered jailbreak for all Apple touch devices! Now your iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd gen can be jailbroken, without worrying about a reboot, while you’re away from your computer.That’s right. Untethered. All devices. MC serial number. New bootrom. Everything.
Spirit will jailbreak all iDevices at iPhone OS 3.1.3, and 3.2 (iPad). It is available for Mac and Windows. This is not an unlock for the newest baseband, so if you rely on an unlock, stay away from this. As always, make sure you read all the info, before jumping in headfirst. Here’s what the Spirit website has to say:
- Spirit is anÂ untethered jailbreak forÂ iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
- Spirit isÂ not a carrier unlock.
- If you currently are using aÂ tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit.Â Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
- AnyÂ iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmwareÂ 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
- AnÂ activated device: one not stuck on theÂ Connect to iTunes orÂ Emergency Call screen.
- Any version ofÂ iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
- Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
This is the fastest jailbreak there has ever been. I tested this on the iPad, and I could not believe how fast and easy this was. The process is simple:
Unpack it and move it to your desktop. Open it up, and you should see this:
Next, connect your device. Spirit will automatically recognize it, and show you what is connected. In my case, I used it to jailbreak my iPad. Don’t worry about iTunes opening; just minimize it.
Click “Jailbreak”. Did you blink? Awww, you missed it. It’s done!! You will see the Spirit graphic on your device, with a progress bar. The whole process should take about 1 minute.
Just a stern reminder: make sure you get your SHSH blobs backed up, as there is likely to be a firmware update soon, to fix this new exploit.
To quote Staples, “That was easy”. Follow me on Twitter, for more jailbreak news and how to’s: @rorypiper