Apple iPhone 1.1.3 Unlock: Coming Soon?
*edit* Feb.9/08: The 1.1.2/1.1.3 OTB Unlock is now out!
So the big announcements from Macworld have come and gone. Darn, no iPhone in Canada announcement! Looks like the wait will continue. The moment I got home from work I was bombarded with tonnes of emails in my inbox! On top of that, I was eager to find out what the big news was today. Turns out, that leaked 1.1.3 iPhone firmware video was true! If you go to the Apple website, you can watch a video tour of the new features from the 1.1.3 firmware.
New features include:
- An updated Google Maps application that will locate your position using cellphone triangulation with a Locate button (plus hybrid view, “drop pin” to any location on the map, save as bookmark).
- Web Clips: a tiny icon shortcut of your favorite web page on your Springboard.
- Customize homescreen and dock–rearrange any icons. You can have up to nine homescreen pages.
- iPhone videos add chapter navigation when you watch movies downloaded from iTunes. Subtitles and different audio options are included too.
- Ability to send SMS messages to more than one person.
So, now that the 1.1.3 firmware is available for download (DO NOT UPGRADE if you’re not on AT&T–unless you want to lock your iPhone!), that means the 1.1.2 software unlock is just steps away from being released. It could be days, or weeks. We don’t know. But one thing is for sure, once it does come out, you can be sure to hear about it here.
That also means that a potential 1.1.3 iPhone unlock could also be coming our way too! However, right now that doesn’t look very promising, as many sites are announcing that the 1.1.3 firmware update will inevitably lock your phone and remove the ability to downgrade. I just read on the Hackint0sh forums of a user who updated to 1.1.3, hoping his TurboSIM would work–too bad his phone is now LOCKED! So don’t update to 1.1.3 just quite yet!
By the way, I am overwhelmed at the response I am getting to both my iPhoneRingToneMaker contest and StealthSIM Giveaway contest! Keep those entries coming! The iPhoneRingToneMaker winner will be announced later once I tally up the entries and draw three names!
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed, so you won’t miss any updates!