After the news this morning regarding the price updates for the Apple iPod Touch, Nano, Shuffle and Classic, Apple has introduced hardware updates to the iPod Touch, the iPod Classic, the iPod Nano and the iPod Shuffle.
- 8GB iPod Touch: $219
- 32GB iPod Touch: $329
- 64GB iPod Touch: $429 (new 64GB capacity)
- The $329 and $429 versions of the iPod Touch will be 50% faster and run OpenGL ES 2.0, which is the same as the iPhone 3GS.
- The 8GB iPod Touch will stay with the last generation hardware.
- Huge push on games for the iPod Touch
- 160GB iPod Classic: $279 (new 160GB capacity)
- The iPod Classic has received a capacity increase (from 120GB to 160GB)
- The iPod Classic continue in two colors (Black and Silver)
- 8GB iPod Nano: $169 (Yellow/Red Apple Store Exclusive)
- 16GB iPod Nano: $199 (Yellow/Red Apple Store Exclusive)
- The iPod Nano continues to sport its 8GB and 16GB capacities and nine color varieties.
- Video Camera added to the iPod Nano (H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio) (YouTube video uploading after computer sync)
- New, larger display (2.2-inch (diagonal) TFT display; 240-by-376-pixel resolution at 204 pixels per inch)
- FM Radio with Live Pause (Pause Radio with a click, another click to listen to the station again. Rewind as far back as 15 minutes. Fast-forward to catch up to the liveÂ broadcast)
- Pedometer added
- Microphone and speaker
The iPod Shuffle has received a major update in the form of a color refresh and a new special edition version. The new colors and model, with capacity, are listed below:
- 2GB iPod Shuffle: Silver, Black, Green, Blue, Pink (new colors)
- 4GB iPod Shuffle: Silver, Black, Green, Blue, Pink (new colors)
- Special Edition 4GB iPod Shuffle: Polished Stainless Steel (new) (Apple Store Exclusive)
Other articles in the category:
Canada on Pace to Surpass High-Speed Internet Access Targets: Minister
Today, Minister of Rural Economic Development, Gudie Hutchings, shared an update on the federal government's progress in connecting all Canadians to high-speed Internet. Hutchings spotlighted the High-speed Internet Access Dashboard, an online tool that is updated quarterly, enabling Canadians to track connectivity improvements across provinces and territories. Since 2014, high-speed Internet access has expanded from...
Bell Launches $60/15GB ‘Promo 15’ Plan, Matching Rogers
Bell has launched a new $60/15GB ‘Promo 15’ plan, that has non-shareable data. The plan has 15GB of data at up to 150 Mbps 4G speeds, with extra data billed at $20/1GB. You get SD video streaming quality and unlimited calling and messaging in Canada. The plan is similar to what Rogers has had for...
Bell Contractor Slashed My Carpet During Cord Cutting, Alleges Senior
82-year-old Sandra Ferguson from Waterloo, Ontario, claims that an installer from Bell cut up her carpet when he came over to her apartment two years ago