Apple Seeds New Mac OS X 10.6.3 Build 10D572
Wow, here’s an uncommon move when looking back at the last few months of OS X build releases.
Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D572. The last seed, build number 10D571, was just released two days ago on March 16, 2010!
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, Quicktime, Images & Photos, Mail, and Security Certificates. The build further includes:
- Compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and improve compatibility and security
- Printing reliability and compatibility with third party printers
- Issues resolved that prevented files from copying to Windows shares
- Issues resolved with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- Issues resolved that prevented files with the “#” or “&” symbols in their names from opening in Rosetta
- Issues addressed that caused background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling
- Issue resolved that caused machines using BTMM and the Bonjour Sleep Proxy to wake unexpectedly
There was also a Known Issue identified as:
- Safari 4.0.5 will be reoffered by Software Update after upgrading to 10D572 from a previous seed
Today’s build marks Apple’s fastest 10.6.3 build release ever! The full 10.6.3 could be just around the corner!
The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was officially released on November 9, 2009. The first two builds of 10.6.3 were issued in January 2010 and the third through sixth builds were issued in February 2010. The seventh, eighth and ninth builds were issued in March 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 will mark the third main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.