Apple Seeds New Mac OS X 10.6.4 Build 10F50
Today Apple seeded the third build of OS X 10.6.4, build 10F50. The current build comes just over one week since the last OS X build, 10F46.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, SMB, VPN, USB, and VoiceOver.
The build further includes the following updates and enhancements:
- Resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
- Resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- Address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- Improve reliability of VPN connections
- Resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
- Resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with iMovie and GarageBand
- Improve compatibility with some braille displays
There was also one Known Issue identified as:
- Marketing text is not formatted correctly, line returns missing
At the end of March 2010, Apple officially released the public version of Mac OS X 10.6.3. At the time, 10.6.3 marked the third main revision to the Mac operating system, Snow Leopard.
The first build of 10.6.4 was issued in April 2010 and the second and third builds were issued in May 2010. Mac OS X 10.6.4 will mark the fourth main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.