The Oregon Trail for iPhone is Currently Free for a Few Days
Gameloft’s version of the classic hit, The Oregon Trail, is currently a free download for the iPhone. This limited time giveaway is to help celebrate a new the new upcoming game, The Oregon Trail: American Settler.
Just like the real pioneers, overcome the perilous journey to Oregon in America’s Wild West. Assume the role of a wagon leader in a side-view journey where your strategic decisions must ensure the safety of your party along the treacherous Oregon Trail. You’re leaving your trace on a critical historical event for America!
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL
– Smart dialogue, cartoonish graphics and humorous animations.
– Historical references in the game through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers in an immersive way.
A WILD EXPERIENCE TO WESTERN AMERICA
– Expanded while simple decision-making parameters enable a high level of strategy and offer an easy pick-and-play strategy & adventure game for a large audience.
– 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraphing, berry picking, and gold panning. The outcomes will affect the supplies and health of your party.
– Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, weather, etc.) faced by real pioneers increase the challenge.
– Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
– Set your preferred conditions for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase food supplies and wagon components.
Not much to say other than it’s a 299MB download. I remember playing this game during my days in elementary school on an Apple II, hoping I wouldn’t be the one to perish in the game along the trail. Enjoy this while it’s free!
Click here to download The Oregon Trail.