Angry Birds Exceeds 500 Million Downloads in Less Than Two Years
If you’re tired of hearing about Angry Birds, too bad. Rovio continues to experience high-flying success with their popular game, and they recently confirmed over 500 million downloads have been achieved in less than two years.
Rovio’s CEO, Mikael He’d had this to say (via Silicon Angle):
This is a fantastic landmark achievement for us, and we’re extremely delighted to see such an incredible amount of people enjoying our games,
…We remain committed to creating more fun experiences and bringing exceptional quality to Angry Birds Fans everywhere.”
The company continues to expand in Asia and there is no end in sight as to how long they can ride the Angry Birds money train. Rovio hopes to achieve 1 billion fans and evolve into an entertainment company, notes Rovio’s Peter Vesterbacka.
Angry Birds by the numbers:
- #1 in 79 countries
- 266 billion levels played (at 15 million downloads)
- 400 billion birds shot (at 50 million downloads)
- 44 billion stars collected (at 100 million downloads)
- 200,000 years played total (at 210 million downloads)
- 300 million minutes played daily (at 350 million downloads)
- 516 million+ downloads of Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio combined on all platforms
Earlier this morning, Rovio uploaded the following celebration video to their YouTube channel to mention the stats above:
As much as I enjoyed playing Angry Birds, I have lost interest and moved on. It’s still a challenging and fun game to play though. Are you still flinging those Angry Birds?