Nest Mobile 3.5 iOS Update Adds Fan Scheduling, Filter Reminders
Nest has updated their mobile app for their smart thermostat to add a variety of new features, such as the ability to schedule the fan, improved details in Energy History, reminders to change filters, plus more:
What’s New in Version 3.5.0
– Schedule the fan to turn on daily, for a few minutes each hour, or on a timer.
– View Sunblock and Cool to Dry in Energy History.
– Tap and hold the tick on the large thermostat icon to change the temperature (in addition to tapping the upper or lower half of the icon).
– Get messages for Filter Reminders.
– Remove a thermostat and add or remove a home from the app.
– Get messages for Seasonal Savings and Rush Hour Rewards and see their effect in Energy History (available with certain utility programs).
– Overall improvements and bug fixes.
The first generation Nest Learning Thermostat is currently on sale from Amazon.ca for $179 (22% off), while the latest second generation sells for $249. Below is our install tutorial for the latter, by @meadorsmusings:
Click here to download Nest Mobile–it’s free.