Rogers’ Shomi Announces Exclusive Content Deal With BBC Worldwide
Shomi, Rogers’ streaming on-demand video service and Netflix competitor, has announced a new exclusive content deal with BBC Worldwide North America, which brings new hit titles to Canada.
The content deal brings A Young Doctor’s Notebook & Other Stories, a comedy starring Daniel Radcliffe, as a Canadian exclusive to Shomi.
“The dark comedy, adapted from the autobiographical works of Russian author and playwright Mikhail Bulgakov has already captivated audiences across the U.S. and UK. The series tells the story of a doctor looking back on his time practicing in a small village hospital and struggling with his progression to addiction.”
The deal with BBC Worldwide North America also brings other exclusive titles including:
– Way to Go, from BBC Comedy
– Moone Boy, the Irish sitcom created, co-written and co-starring Chris O’Dowd
– Spy thriller The Honourable Woman, starring Maggie Gyllenhaal
– Investigative drama, Jane Campion’s Top of the Lake starring Elizabeth Moss and Holly Hunter
– Comedy series The Wrong Mans from actor/writer duo Mathew Baynton and James Corden,
– A Bit of Fry & Laurie
– Doctor Who
– Top Gear
Shomi will launch in November and be available to all Rogers and Shaw Internet and TV customers. The service will cost $8.99 per month and include access to the latest and greatest TV shows and movies. Canadians will be able to stream on-demand video on their tablets, smartphones, and set-top boxes.