Amazon.ca Launches Delivery Pick Up Option at 6,200 Canada Post Locations
Amazon.ca has announced this morning a new delivery pick up option just in time for holiday shoppers.
Dubbed Amazon Pickup Points, shoppers now have the option to select a nearby Canada Post location to have their package delivered to, which could allow your presents to remain a secret. The pick up option also adds convenience as some may not be home to receive deliveries.
Only orders sold or fulfilled by Amazon qualify for the pick up option. Here’s how to do it:
- Place an eligible item in your shopping cart and click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Click “Choose a Pickup Location” when selecting a delivery address.
- Search by postcode, address, or landmark to find a location.
- From the search results, you’ll see the locations available. Select one by clicking “Ship to This Address” next to the location of your choice
- Complete your order as usual.
Packages will be available for pick up for 15 days at Canada Post (if not picked up it will be returned to Amazon and you’ll get a refund). Users will receive emails when their package is ready for pick up that will contain a unique bar code, which you can display from your smartphone (or print it out) to the employee along with your government issued ID.
This partnership makes sense as some smaller deliveries are handled by Canada Post and for people who work regularly nine-to-five hours, that would mean getting a pick up slip anyways. At least now you can customize your pick up location.
Earlier this week Canada Post announced tracking of deliveries was now available via Google Now.