TD Canada’s All-New iPhone App is Now Available for Download [u]
TD Canada customers can now download a brand-new version of the iPhone app as version 7.0 has hit the App Store this morning. Earlier this month the bank teased a new version was coming and it has now arrived.
The new app has a design that takes elements from the TD Insurance iOS app, while new features include the ability to quickly access account balances without logging in, sending Interac e-Transfers from your iPhone contacts list and more:
What’s New in Version 7.0
We took the best of our TD app, gave it a fresh new look & added some great new features:
• Have your credentials handy as you will need them to log into the app.
• Quick Access option to check account balances without logging in
• Add Interac e-Transfer recipients from your iPhone’s contact list
• Submit U.S. bill payments. You must register and set up payees in EasyWeb first. Conditions and fees apply.
• Add Canadian payees from your iPhone
• Quick Links shortcuts
• Pre-filled account transfer amounts
• Easier TD Credit Card Account payments
• FAQs and support built right into the app
• Multitask for up to 10 minutes before getting automatically logged out
• Monitor stocks with Advanced Charting
• Spot opportunities with new Heat Maps
Last year’s version 6.0 of the TD Canada app launched in July, so version 7.0 comes less than a year later for customers. The app does not appear to be optimized for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen resolutions yet, though.
Also, for the initial login, the fields do not allow for pasting of your login or password, so you’ll have to manually type it in. It would be nice to see 1Password and Touch ID support sometime soon hopefully.
Update: After TD’s Twitter account gave out some horrible password advice to a customer, they are now saying they are addressing this inability to paste a password and also looking into working with a password manager.
@eric_tucker Hi Eric, we're working 2 address the issue preventing password copy/paste & the use of a pw manager. Stay tuned 4 updates
— TD (Canada) (@TD_Canada) March 20, 2015
Let us know what you think of this update.
Click here to download TD Canada for iPhone in the App Store.
Thanks everyone for sending this in!