Atari Releases RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic for iOS
Atari has today released the classic hit game “RollerCoaster Tycoon” for iOS offering a simpler take on park design, construction and management than more recent titles in the series. Based on the original RCT and RCT 2, it’s also the first title RollerCoaster Tycoon game for smartphones that isn’t full of microtransactions, meaning you can own the game with a one time payment of $6.
“Bringing RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic to handheld devices was important to us because we wanted to share the authentic playability and depth of gameplay of the original RCT games to both a new audience and long-time fans of the series,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “Working with Chris Sawyer has been a wonderful experience and it has enabled us to remain faithful to the RCT games that successfully launched the RCT franchise.”
The new RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic, which has been optimised for both iPhone and iPad, brings the nostalgic thrills, fun and creative freedom of building the ultimate theme park to handheld devices. Both new players and fans of the original theme park sim can now experience the excitement of designing and building roller coasters and rides, landscaping parks and managing the staff and finances to keep guests happy and the money flowing.
Key features of the game are:
- The Original RollerCoaster Sim: Experience all the fun from the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 games, with a new app that combines the best elements of both classic titles.
- Coaster Construction: Create incredible roller coasters – Quickly build a pre-made design or use the intuitive piece-by-piece building tools to design and theme your own unique rides.
- Park Designer: Keep your guests happy by building gentle or wild rides, food and drink stalls, water rides, and even transport rides to take them around the park; Customize your park by building scenery, fine-tuning the landscape, and routing the footpaths.
- Park Management: Run your park’s marketing and finances to make a profit while attracting more guests; Organize your staff to keep the park running well and looking its best.
- Exciting Environments: Build the ultimate theme park in a variety of challenging environments, from the tranquility of Forest Frontiers to the bustling commerce of Megaworld Park.
- Park Scenarios: Progress through 95 classic park scenarios from RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2.
- Authentic Gameplay: Classic-style characterful isometric graphics and original amusement park music and sound effects.
- Packed with Content: Includes hundreds of types of roller coasters and rides, and dozens of different shops, stalls, and facilities.
You can grab the game using the following App Store link: