Vimeo Launches macOS App for Easy Sharing, Final Cut Pro Integration
Today, Vimeo announced a new app for macOS that brings some core functionality directly to Mac users. The update is aimed at video editors who use Apple’s Final Cut Pro.
While users already had the ability to upload to Final Cut Pro, the company notes that the app now gives editors “more control over file formats and video codecs.” Specifically, the app will integrate with Final Cut Pro to export ProRes videos, manage updates, and share videos for teams to review or share on other platforms.
The app will also allow users to upload multiple files at once and track the progress of these apps in the status bar on their Mac. Vimeo hopes that the app will streamline creators’ workflows.
– Export as ProRes and other advanced codecs from Final Cut Pro
– Upload directly to your Vimeo account
– Adjust the title, description, and privacy settings for your videos
– Get instant access to video links, video review pages, and embed codes
– Receive notifications about important video activity
Users will be able to connect the Vimeo app to Final Cut Pro by looking for Vimeo in their share destinations.
Vimeo for Mac is available as a free download from the Mac App Store. The app requires any device running macOS 10.12 Sierra or later.