Google Stadia Pricing in Canada: $11.99/month for Pro; Free Version in 2020
Google today announced pricing details for its Stadia streaming gaming service and also available titles at launch.
Available for pre-order now is the Stadia Founder’s Edition, geared towards early adopters priced at $169 in Canada (launching in November 2019), which includes $300 USD in value says Google:
- Limited Edition Night Blue Stadia Controller
- Chromecast Ultra
- 3 Months Stadia Pro
- Destiny 2 Experience
- Exclusive Stadia Name
- 3-month buddy pass for friends
As for pricing, Stadia Pro will cost $11.99 per month in Canada, offering games in up to 4K resolution, 60 FPS, 5.1 surround sound, with games released regularly, along with exclusive discounts on game purchases.
Stadia Base is coming in 2020 and will be free, offering gaming resolution up to 1080p, 60 FPS and stereo sound. Users will be able to buy games anytime, but won’t have access to free games released regularly like Stadia Pro, nor get exclusive discounts like the latter.
To play games on Stadia, you’ll require a Stadia Controller ($89 in Canada) and any screen that runs Chrome, including a Chromecast device or TV. Stadia will also work on Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL devices.
The recommended minimum for network speed is 10 Mbps for 720p gaming and 60 FPS and stereo sound, while 4K gaming is recommended with an Internet connection of 35 Mbps.
Below is a list of games and studios part of Google Stadia (via The Verge):
- Bandai Namco – Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Bethesda – DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Bungie – Destiny 2
- Capcom – TBD
- Coatsink – Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
- Codemasters – GRID
- Deep Silver – Metro Exodus
- Drool – Thumper
- Electronic Arts – TBD
- Giants Software – Farming Simulator 19
- Larian Studios – Baldur’s Gate 3
- nWay Games – Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Rockstar Games – TBD
- Sega – Football Manager
- SNK – Samurai Shodown
- Square Enix – Final Fantasy XV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 2K Games – NBA 2K, Borderlands 3
- Tequila Works – Gylt (Stadia exclusive)
- Warner Bros. – Mortal Kombat 11
- THQ – Darksiders Genesis
- Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2
Stadia will launch this November in 14 countries: U.S., Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the U.K.
Will Google Stadia change console gaming, by taking it to the cloud? It’ll be interesting to see how well it works, but early demos by the company look impressive.