What’s New on Quibi in June 2020; Chromecast Support for Android Coming
Mobile-focused streaming service Quibi has announced what’s coming in June 2020. Check out the list of new titles below…
- Royalties (Scripted comedy created by and starring Darren Criss)
- Don’t Look Deeper (Scripted sci-fi directed by Catherine Hardwicke)
- Nice One! (Game show hosted by Ron Funches)
- Mapleworth Murders (scripted comedy created by and starring Paula Pell and John Lutz)
- Ten Weeks (documentary series)
Also Coming in June (To Be Announced):
- Andy Cohen Diaries (Animation from Andy Cohen)
- 60 in 6 by CBS News (News program)
Quibi recently updated its iOS app to support AirPlay, to let users stream its “movie-quality shows” to televisions.
Support for Chromecast is coming soon to the Android app, according to Quibi’s Tom Conrad in charge of product, design and engineering. According to Conrad, Quibi’s launch was done by “Just a small team that didn’t get everything done for 1.0. Making good on this now; lots of other cool things still to come.”
Sure we designed Quibi for on-the-go, but these days visiting the family room is like a day trip… so AirPlay support is live for iOS in Quibi 1.3. Working hard on Chromecast too which will be available in June.
— Tom Conrad (@tconrad) May 26, 2020
Quibi costs $6.99 per month in Canada and comes with a 14-day free trial (excluding Quebec).