What’s New in iOS 14.5 Beta 6 [VIDEO]
Unfortunately, the Beta 6 changelog makes no mention of a modem update, meaning that if you were experiencing cellular connectivity issues (especially on 5G) on the previous iOS build, they are likely to persist on Beta 6.
Here’s what did change in iOS 14.5 Beta 6, however:
- Two new Siri voices under the American variety — one male and one female, upping the total to 4.
- Maps now displays applicable restrictions (like requiring face coverings and social distancing, if any) when looking up airports.
- iPhone 11 on iOS 14.5 Beta 6 will recalibrate maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability to fix instances of inaccurate battery health reports for some users.
- Earlier betas fixed the ‘green tint’ issue for most users, and Beta 6 should fix it even more. However, some users may still experience the issue post-Beta 6.
- Battery life on the iPhone 11 has been improved, and battery usage statistics are in the process of being updated.
- Beta 6 also brings a number of subtle performance improvements.