Starbucks Rewards Have Expanded to Millions of TD Cardholders
Starbucks and TD Canada have announced an expansion of their partnership, which offers TD Aeroplan Visa cardholders the ability to earn Starbucks Rewards points.
Both companies announced on Tuesday the partnership has now expanded to “millions” of TD cardholders, now enabling eligible TD debit or credit cardholders to link their Starbucks Rewards account to the latter, to earn points from the coffee chain.
Also new is the ability to convert TD points into Starbucks Stars in real-time, when a Starbucks Rewards account is linked to a TD debit or credit card.
“Our customers have told us that they would like more options to pay, earn and redeem Stars as Starbucks Rewards members,” says Peter Furnish, vice president of marketing and digital experience at Starbucks Canada, in a statement to iPhone in Canada.
When you link a Starbucks Rewards account to an eligible TD Access Card with Visa Debit or Credit Card, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Earn 50% more Stars on purchases or card re-loads made through the Starbucks app.
- TD Rewards or TD Aeroplan card holders can also earn 50% more TD Rewards or Aeroplan points on purchases through the Starbucks app.
- TD Rewards cardholders can convert TD Rewards points to Stars in real-time to use toward free food or beverages at Starbucks.
How to link your TD debit or credit cards to Starbucks Rewards? You can do so via TD EasyWeb or the TD app:
- Step 1: Sign into EasyWeb or the TD app.
- Step 2: Select the card/account. On EasyWeb, click the Manage tab and select My TD Rewards. On the TD app, tap on My TD Rewards. Then select Starbucks from the list of partners.
- Step 3: Link your TD Credit Cards and Access Cards with Visa Debit to your Starbucks Rewards account.
You’ll then select your linked TD cards to pay for your purchases within the Starbucks mobile app.
The following TD cards allow you to redeem TD points for Starbucks Stars:
- TD Rewards Visa Card
- TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
- TD Business Travel Visa Card
- TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card
All TD debit and credit cards offer the ability to earn bonus Stars on reloads and purchases.
“Through this expanded partnership and the significant opportunity it presents to reward our customers in multiple ways, we are excited to welcome the millions of TD customers to the Starbucks Experience, while expanding and deepening loyalty and engagement with our Starbucks Rewards members,” added Furnish.
Select TD cards can earn 50 bonus Stars when you redeem 2,000 TD points for Stars or earn 150 bonus Stars when you redeem 10,000 TD points for Stars.
For a limited time, TD Canada says you can get 50 bonus stars when you link your eligible TD cards until April 24, 2022.