Apple has released their new Siri Shortcuts iOS app in the App Store for iOS 12 users, which comes as an update to the Workflow app, previously acquired by the iPhone maker.
The Siri Shortcuts app lets iOS 12 and watchOS 5 users create “a quick way to get things done with your apps with just a tap or by asking Siri.” Personal shortcuts are possible with your favourite supported apps, allowing users to choose from built-in actions or to create their own.
Shortcuts will work with Apple’s own apps such as Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari, Health and other third party apps that have been updated with support.
Apple says you can use the new app to create some of the following shortcuts:
* Get directions home, send your ETA and start listening to the news, just by asking Siri
* Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
* Make animated GIFs
* Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
* Get directions to the nearest coffee shop in one tap
* Tweet the song you’re listening to
* Get all the images on a web page
* Send a message including the last screenshot you took
* And so much more…
Shortcuts can be launched from the iOS Today widget, from Search or by invoking Siri. You can also create home screen icons for your favourite shortcuts.
Apple explains, “Shortcuts opens up incredible possibilities to automate things you do regularly on your iPhone and iPad.”
Click here to download Shortcuts for iOS in the App Store.