Carmageddon is a classic PC game first released for DOS in 1997 but was eventually ported to various other platforms such as the PlayStation, Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color. The iOS version of the game was released today and to celebrate Stainless Steel games announced the game is a free download for the next 24 hours:
That’s right; Carmageddon for iOS devices should be appearing on App stores right now across the globe! And as a token of our appreciation for your continued support and enthusiasm it will be free for the first 24 hours of sale!
Carmageddon for iOS was first launched on Kickstarter by Stainless Steel games to port the game over and it ended up raising $625,000. The reason it’s free is to give a shout out to all of their backers from Kickstarter. Here’s the features of the game from its iTunes description:
• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
• Universal App
• iCloud Support
• 27 Cunning Stuntworthy Achievements
• Game Center integration
• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
• Comprehensive Action Replay System
• Movie editing; Save your movies straight from the game to YouTube; Share links using iOS 6
• Retina display and iPhone 5 support
• Environment maps and other special effects
• Enhanced pre-lit environments
• Buckets of gibs
• Tons of laughs
This looks to be a lot of fun. You can download Carmageddon here while it’s free. Tell your friends and also let me know what you think of the game.