Flickr Brings Live Customizable Filters & Powerful Editing Tools To iPhone
Yahoo has today announced a major update to its Flickr Mobile app for iPhone, adding a brand new set of live customizable filters and some professional editing tools, allowing photo personalization like never before. Markus Spiering, Head of Product at Flickr said that they’ve come up with a camera that gives users full control over how their final photo looks. “Taking a photo should be an enhancement of what you’re experiencing and seeing through your device”, he said.
The new live filters show you how your photo looks while you take it. You can swipe through filters as you’re setting up your shot and also view preview tiles to see what it will look like. The new Flickr iOS app also lets you add and adjust effects like vignetting, tilt shift, and light blooms to enhance the image. In addition, users can sharpen their photos to expose more details, adjust the color temperature of their photos to get just the right lighting balance and crop out unwanted objects and people from their photos.
Here’s what’s new in Flickr for iOS version 2.20.1134:
- The Flickr Mobile App has a brand new set of filters! With a new range of dynamic and stunning effects you’ll be able to personalize your photos like never before.
- Live filters! Now you can scroll through and preview the effects of each filter before you snap your shot. Choosing the right one is no longer a guessing game.
- Tired of stock filters? With the Flickr Mobile App you can customize your filters to get the exact effects you’re looking for.
- We’ve also got new camera tools. Perfectly compose your shots with awesome grids, pinch to zoom, and the ability to lock your focus and exposure points.
- Professional editing tools. The editing tools you usually pay for are now free with Flickr. Enhance, crop, sharpen, adjust color, use levels, add vignettes and more.
- Now our camera and editing tools have beautifully animated transitions, giving users the best camera experience yet.
The free update is now live in the App Store. You can grab it at the following link:
Download Flickr For iPhone, iPad and iPod touch [Direct Link]