Apple has updated its Podcasts app to version 1.2 which brings some new features, such as the ability to create custom stations that automatically update with new episodes, stored in iCloud so they can be synced across your devices. Playlists in iTunes now also sync into the app. There is also a slight tweak in the design of the app, with controls resembling what you’d see in the iPod app.
The full change log is below:
What’s New in Version 1.2
Introducing Podcasts 1.2
• Create custom stations of your favourite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes
• Choose whether your stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode
• Your stations are stored in iCloud and kept up to date on all your devices
• Create an On-The-Go playlist with your own list of episodes
• Playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the Podcasts app
• The Now Playing view has been redesigned with easier-to-use playback controls
• Addressed an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app
• Additional performance and stability improvements
Click here to download the Podcasts iOS app–it’s free. Let us know how you like this new update.